Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Track 1 of Pictures at an Exhibition

12 comments:

  1. The first song.. felt radiant.. like someone meeting someone for the first time.. like an introduction of some sort. It felt satisfying, gratifying, symbolic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first word I thought of when I heard this song was 'heralding' like the announcing of arrival, so I also pictured a grand sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The given knowledge of the piece and the character of it flooded my mind with imagery. Crimson carpets with a gold-lined trim spaced evenly from its edges stalked every hallway of the exhibition. The man walked upon in through twisted turns. Paintings were also evenly spaced upon the walls. The imagery screamed "symmetry", although the shifting nature of the rhythm seemed to contradict this notion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This song to me brought royalty to mind

    ReplyDelete
  5. This song reminded me of a warm fall morning when the sun is rising and illuminating a forest full of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this piece. It felt exhuberant. Like the person entering the museum was excited to be there and walking about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought that this piece sounded very majestic. I pictured some sort a celebration of a victory, but then I realized it was the walking theme, so then I realized it was just a guy walking, which is not nearly as exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Triumph, glory, majestic, flowing, robust.. feels like a convening of senators.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy sound, like the beginning of a movie

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounded really majestic and royal, like the opening music to a period movie like Pride and Prejudice or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely forgot about this! Oh no!
    This made me thing of some sort of ceremony, like a wedding for example.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This track gave me a nice/happy kind of feel. I felt as if I was in a castle of some sort.

    ReplyDelete