Monday, September 26, 2011

Response: 9/26/11

What I found to be the most interesting concept that Schopenhauer brought to the table about his philosophy of Music was that it is a language and expression of its own. I brought up this point in a past blog and it struck me that his philosophy is similar to what I already hold true. He also talks about it representing emotion, "but entirely without reality and remote from its pain." This is another interesting concept that seems to ask a few questions. Can you endlessly revisit the same state of mind via music? Are there other things associated with your brain and nervous system's reaction to its environment that affects emotion that would cause the effect of music to be variable? How do we begin to describe the emotions of the complex musical language with a native tongue?

No comments:

Post a Comment