Tuesday, October 18, 2011

response for 10/19

Well, personally, when I was thinking about it after class, I didn't quite agree with it.  To be honest, music is lyrical poetry, but it has control and tangible ideas. It can also be the will.. and the representation of said will and world.  Sure, music isn't considered a physical object, but to me, it really is.  When I listen to a cd, I consider it to be a symbol, or relic.. or even a statue of what the band is trying to portray.  Some bands I listen to actually have stories and myths behind the songs that they create.  For instance, Coheed and Cambria is an actual story that goes in order of a sequence as the records do-- they are telling a story like Star Wars, but is known as the Amory Wars-- so I feel that music is Apollinian and Dionysian.. because of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment