Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Response to Presentations 11/28

Jordan- I liked what you did with your nature-based ideas and musical style. I really enjoyed when you pointed out the idea that "nature is duplicated music" in music we listen to or choose to ignore-- really cool.

Joe- Wide rage of genres- really interesting. I like how you talked about who you were influenced by your parents and what they had listened to. I enjoyed the idea you had with the music you listen to that comes outside of the box.

Nate- Influenced by parents, wide range of music. Intrigued me that it was really hard and you showed it through the presentation-- it reminded me of when I sat down to try and write the paper and deciding on what to write- it showed you really care about music and it really does something to you.

Tyler- Really mellow- music connects to reason and logic-- liked that point quite a lot. Learned about Dub, which was pretty cool.

Don- Wide range of music, emotional person and presentation-- worked really well-- could see your emotion when the songs played and you put yourself into them without even knowing them. It was cool that you liked music that didn't have the typical time signatures-- wicked.

Kyle- Music varies, but are unique-- I like how you explained that simple music frustrates you because you could play it in chords-- interesting thought. The "setlist" was insane-- liked that the most. I liked how you talked about lyrical contrast within a piece and the music (I think it was Mars Volta)-- really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment