The duo class was pretty neat and something that I haven't experienced at Farmington yet.
For the Zeitgeist, I feel that it is complete consumerism. I don't know if a lot of people that attend class watch t.v. hopefully not, but from what I've seen of any T.V. show or movie that is put the air. But between actual show usually every 10-15 minutes all you see is "consume, consume!!" Buy Now!@! Order Now!@ it's just the same thing over and over for approximately 5 minutes. While in my view also killing the mind. I feel and I'll only say this about mainstream music.. it reflects this consumerism. All you hear from these songs that are 96% of the time 2-4 minutes are the same lines over and over again.. "I got them moves like Jagger.. I got them moves like Jagger.." it's terrible!!
A great song to reflect how the Zeitgeist is in my views would be Eternal Consumption Engine by Primus on their latest album. Though not a mainstream band for the most part, this song matches the style of a lot of these songs.
In I guess response to feeling of Zeitgeist
Everyday not even at the universal level, we are destroying the Earth.. Humans are probably one if not the only creature on this Earth that makes their environment adapt to them and not the other way around. Maybe in some aspects we're at the age of great understanding maybe human wise.. but definitely not at the universal level in my personal views.
Reflecting on Question 1 of the prompt. I feel that Hegel and Beethoven are both egotistical, Hegel in "I've made this conscious awareness therefore there will be no more history." To me that is almost like bow down and bask in my presents for my amazing discovery.. While Beethoven (this goes from class of what my partner and I were talking about) when Beethoven played his 4th he was expecting everything to just cheer and go mad because of how amazing it was. The opposite happen to what he himself said was a masterpiece.
No comments:
Post a Comment