Wednesday, November 30, 2011

11/28 Presentations

Joe: I really enjoyed your presentation because I came in there hating electronic music, but based on your clip it made me want to get into it. I especially enjoyed that you spoke about rap because I think a lot of it gets swept under the rug with many of the popular artists today only rapping about money, sex, and drugs. It was especially interesting how you related your music taste back to your experiences, because memories are very important and influence who we are as a person.

Nate: It was funny how you said you listened to music that you used to hate, it made me think of music as a living entity that just grows on me. I also thought it was interesting about music influencing your relationships and who you make friends with. Overall, I liked your presentation and the way you made it more open and accessible to the listeners.

Tyler: Once again, you also opened me up to a few new genres. I'm not really a reggae fan, but you're so passionate about it, it almost felt as if you were speaking about a religion. Dub is extremely interesting and I liked the pieces you played. I could definitely tell you were extremely proud of the music you listened to and it showed in your presentation. The contrast between the music you listen to and your chosen career path was intriguing as well. It's definitely what stood out to me the most.

Don: I love the fact that you opened saying that the music you listen to is almost 'emotional depression', because you don't get your emotions out through speaking, but through music. It shows how much of a deep connection you have to the music you listen to.

Kyle: I like how you related music to a stream of consciousness, it definitely showed through in your presentation, because your music taste is so eclectic. It was also nice to see the relation of a musician to his music and how you did not like listening to 'simple' music, because you liked to challenge yourself when it comes to playing music, as well as when it comes to listening to music. What interested me the most was we have such similar tastes in music, yet we have different ways of approaching and relating to it.

Overall, I liked everyone's presentations, you all did a wonderful job. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment